Ph.D, Prof. DANIEL BUCUR
Ph.D, Prof. Daniel Bucur is the general chancellor of USAMV Iasi; he is professor of "Land Improvement" at Pedotechnics Department of Faculty of Agriculture.
Faculty of Agriculture - USAMV Iasi
3, Mihail Sadoveanu Alee, Iasi, 700490, Romania
phone: 0040 232 275070 int. 405
fax: 0040 232 260650
The problems which are approached during the scientific research activity are referred to the main fields of land improvement and these are erosion prevention and control, irrigations and elimination of the moisture excess on the agricultural lands.
The main contributions which was achieved by above mentioned preoccupation are:
- the establishing of the best methods from the economical point of view for carring out of the irrigation’s projects out on the hills zones;
- studies regarding the effects of the irrigation’s applied through a varied watering methods, in the erosion process on the slopes, in order to specify the methods for preserving of the water and the soil on the slope agricultural lands and also for improving the production capacity on these;
- the growing up of the capitalization of the water for irrigation’s in the conditions in which the agricultural technologies are intensified on the Moldavian Plain;
- the analysis of the technical efficiency of the anti-erosion working made up of Moldavian Plateau, and also recommendations regarding the improvement of the fitting out solutions and technologies;
- the effect of land improvement working on the production and on the main characteristics of the soil;
- the study of the evolution of the agricultural lands and of the anti-erosion preoccupations on the agricultural slope lands in Moldavian Plateau and the analysis of the possibilities of preserving of the agricultural production potential of the soils from this zone;
- the influence of the agricultural technologies on the quality and on the preserving of the environment in the agricultural ecosystems from Moldova.
As Associate Professor I am teaching "Crops irrigations" for the students from the Agricultural Faculty.
On International relationship I am co-operating with the Professors and with the Research workers from the Institute of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition from the Christian Albrechts University from Kiel – Germany, regarding the problems of evolution of the physical characteristics of the soil on the lands on which was fitted out drainage-irrigation works and also anti-erosion working.
Member of the following professional societies:
- Romanian National Society for Soil Science, "N. Bucur"
- Academic Society for Soil Science;
- International Soil Tillage Research Organization (ISTRO).
» Savu P., Avarvarei I., Bucur D., 1994 - "Study of microtube dripping water distribution in clay loam cambic chernozem in the Moldavian Plain", Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol. 37, U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Bucur D., Savu P., Ailincai C., 1997 - "Aspects regarding the influence of irrigation upon soil erosion in the sloped fields from Moldova Plain", Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol. 40, U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Savu P., Tomita O., Bucur D., Popa I., 1997 - "Researches regarding the technical efficiency of anti-erosion works carried out within the hydroameliorative system "Izvoru Berheciului", Bacau district, Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol.40, U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Savu P., Bucur D., Tomita O., Popa I., 1997 - "The effect of correction works of some torrents within the hydrographical basin Râul Târgului on the environment protection", Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol.40, U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Ailincai C., Ailincai Despina, Ciureanu Sorina, Bucur D., 1998 - "Evolution of soil fertility under the influence of irrigation and fertilizers in Moldova Plateau", Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol.41 supl., U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Bucur D., Savu P., Despina Ailincai, 1998 - "Contributions to the study of the humidity of cambic chernozem cultivated with winter wheat on sloping land in Moldova Plain", Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol.41, U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Bucur D., Savu P., Despina Ailincai, 1998 - "The energy efficiency of the irrigation of wheat and maize crops located on sloped lands in Moldova Plain", Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol.41, U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Bucur D., Savu P., Filipov F., Ailincai C., 1998 - "Contributions to the study of economical and ecological implications of utilization of irrigated sloping lands in Moldova Plain", Proc. Int. Conf. on Soil Conditions and crop Production, 180÷183, Márta Birkás & Attila Murányi Editors, Gödöllö, Hungary.
» Popescu Ch., Bucur D., 1998 - "The energetical efficiency of irrigation of some crops in different zones of Moldova", Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol. 41, U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Savu P., Bucur D., Popa I., Onisie T., 1998 - "Contributions to the study of the potential of anti-erosional protection of some crop plants in Moldova Plain", Lucr. st., Seria Agronomie, vol. 41, U.A.M.V. Iasi.
» Ailincai C., Jitareanu G., Bucur D., 1999 - "Research concerning the effect of irrigation and fertilisation on soil physical, chemical and biological characteristics in the Moldova Plateau (Romania)", Internat. Conf. on Subsoil Compaction, Christian-Albrechts University zu Kiel, Germany.
» Bucur D., Savu P., Despina Ailincai, 1999 - "Studies concerning the evolution of the humidity of the cambic chernozem cultivated with maize on the sloping lands in Moldova Plain, In: "Prezent si perspectiva in horticultura", Editura Erdélyi Híradó, Cluj-Napoca.
» Popescu Ch., Bucur D., 2000 - "The energetical efficiency of irrigation of some agricultural crops in different zones of Romania", Lucr. st., Seria Horticultura, vol. 43, USAMV Iasi.